Why does Jennifer Aniston hate social media
![]() |
| Why does Jennifer Aniston hate social media |
"I'm really happy that we got to experience life without social media as we grew up, as teenagers, in our 20s," Jennifer told Allure Fashion magazine.
Jennifer Aniston attends the 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California on January 19, 2020 (AFP/Leon Bennett)
American actress Jennifer Aniston openly expressed her thoughts about social media, revealing that she does not enjoy using it.
The 53-year-old actress discussed her social media accounts during a recent interview for the cover of the December issue of American women's beauty magazine Allure .
When Jennifer Aniston first created an Instagram account about three years ago, she gained so many followers that the app eventually crashed.
Although her online presence sent shockwaves across the internet, she admitted that she actually 'hates social media' and isn't very good at using it.
'It hurts me,' he explained. The reason for going on Instagram was to launch this line (business). Then the epidemic came and we didn't launch. So being on Instagram I was stuck. It felt artificial.'
He then explained why growing up without social media was beneficial for him.
The actress, who starred in US TV show Friends, said: 'I'm really happy that we got to experience growing up in our 20s without that social media presence.'
'Look, the Internet, big intentions, right? Connecting people socially, social networking. It all goes back to how young girls feel about themselves, comparing and feeling down.'
Jennifer Aniston also talked about how proud she is of who she is today and how she will look back at this point in her life in the future.
She said: 'I feel better today than I did in my 20s or 30s or in my mid-40s. We should not call ourselves bad. You have to be 65 one day and think that I looked great at 53.'
It's not the first time Jennifer Aniston has shared her views on various online platforms.
During a conversation with Sebastian Stan for Variety magazine's 'Actors on Actors' series in June, Jennifer shared how thankful she was that she started acting before social media.
She explained, 'I always say that I feel lucky that we saw the industry before it was today, which is different.
'More streaming services, more people. You are famous from Tik Tok, you are famous from YouTube. You are famous from Instagram. It's almost like it's undermining our acting work.'
Elsewhere in her interview with Allure magazine, Jennifer Aniston revealed that she underwent in vitro fertilization to get pregnant. They also spoke openly about their marriages as well as the public's interest in children.
Although she did not name him, she appeared to address speculation surrounding her and Brad Pitt's divorce in 2005, including statements that [she] was just being selfish' and 'just [ She cared about her] career.'
Jennifer later married actor Justin Theroux in 2015, after which they announced their separation in 2017.
He said: 'And God forbid that a woman should become successful and not have a child. My husband left me and why we ended our marriage, because I could not give him a child. This was a complete lie. Now I have nothing to hide.'
The morning show star also recalled an article she wrote for the HuffPost website in 2016 where she denied any pregnancy rumors.
She added: 'I was so frustrated, so the article I wrote, I thought I just had to write it because it's so disturbing and I'm not superhuman enough not to see it through. will and will not hurt.'
© The Independent

No comments